The McKeesport International Village is one of the Pittsburgh area's oldest and largest ethnic food festivals. This three day celebration dates back to 1960. St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church proudly participates in this festival by operating the Serbian Food Booth. Please mark your calendars early as you will not want to miss this exciting opportunity to experience ethnic Serbian cuisine. In addition to our food, we invite you to participate in fellowship with our team during this exciting three day event.
Our 2019 Co-chairs are Protinica JoAnn Rocknage and Dee Dee Baskot. Thank You both!
Serbian food can be characterized by a mixture of Greek, Mediterranean, Turkish–Oriental and cuisine of Austro–Hungarian Empires as well as medieval Slavic influences. The Serbian Booth allows you to taste some of the rich meats, vegetables, cheese, fresh pastries and desserts that are popular in Serbia.
- Lamb Sandwich
- Hot Sausage Sandwich
- Kolbassi Sandwich
- Apple Strudel
- Bean & Sauerkraut Soup
- Hot Dogs
In order to be successful with International Village, we are asking for volunteers in several areas:
- Cooking and preparation (starts at 9:00 AM on Monday, 8/12)
- Cleaning of the Church Hall each evening the week of 8/12 and during the day on Friday (8/16)
- Drivers needed to shuttle food and supplies to/from the International Village booth (starting around 1:00 PM each day)
- ATTENTION YOUTH GROUP MEMBERS AND PARENTS: We ask that our youths pair up with a driver to help make deliveries to the booth faster and more efficient. Also, your help is needed to both set up and take down the booth. Please meet at the Church at 3:00 PM on Friday (8/9) for setup and at 2:00 PM on Friday (8/16) for takedown.
- Donations (food, supplies, or monetary) are both welcomed and appreciated to help defer the cost of participating in International Village. To donate, please call Protinica JoAnn at (412) 672-1872.
For additional information and general info about the event, please visit the McKeesport International Village website.