Welcome to St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in McKeesport, Pennsylvania. We are the oldest Serbian Orthodox Church in the Eastern United States (Established October 15, 1901), and the third oldest Serbian Orthodox Church in America. Comprised primarily of Orthodox Christians in McKeesport, Duquesne, West Mifflin, White Oak, North Versailles, North Huntingdon and Irwin, Pennsylvania.
On Sunday, April 15, 2018, our parish honored Fr. Stevo Rocknage for 30 years since his Ordination to Holy Priesthood (back in 1988). St. Sava is so blessed to have Fr. Stevo serve the parish for the many years he has and we pray that he continues for many, many more years to come! Thank you, Fr. Stevo - Glory to Christ! Mnogaja Ljeta! (Many Years!) Please visit our Facebook page for more photos.
Our St. Sava Parish was blessed beyond measure on March 4, 2018 (the 2nd Sunday of Great Lent) with the welcoming of the Icon-Bearing Relic of St. Mardarije of Libertyville, donated by the Cannon Family, in honor of their mother, Betsy’s 90th Birthday!
Fr. Marc Vranes, nephew of Betsy Cannon, was able to join Fr. Stevo Rocknage in presenting the Holy Icon to the faithful for the first time, at the Great Doxology of Matins before the Holy Liturgy.
The relic was given to the parish by His Grace, Bishop IRINEJ in a gesture of Arch-Pastoral Love, and the reliquary was donated for the relic by Fr. Marc….the beautiful Icon was written by the Deacon Matthew Garret, and reflects the wonder and the glory of one of God’s beloved Saints!
“Glory to God for all things!”